THIS n THAT

Monday, August 17, 2009

FIRST Things First

Ahhh, another year of school began today.
Our little lady made her way - with great excitement -
into the FIRST grade!

How is that even possible?

She was more than ready to be reunited with her friends from last year... and enter the world of the "big kids" (new classroom, big playground, different schedule, etc.).


In anticipation of her return to school, she drew this picture
(which she asked me to copy and put on the entrance to the school - that's my "go-getter girl"!).

(Instead, we made a copy and gave it to her wonderful kindergarten teacher from last year.)

So, here we go again!

Summer vacation is behind us, and the excitement of a new year of school is ahead. Abbby is heading right into this new adventure - and is not looking back...
(even while Mom takes her picture!).


1 comment:

Allison said...

Darling little {oops, I mean BIG} girl! I love Abby's new "First Grade look" and I love your title of your entry! I will have to remember that one for when Kennedy starts in a few weeks! We will definitely have to plan a fall time to come see you seens how school for us is right around the corner. I am so glad to see you updating your blog!!! Keep up the good work, girlie! Love ya lots!